Thursday, February 21, 2008

Johnny's Report....

1st day of recording: 16/02/08

We arrive at Corin's......early (10am is early!) to a waft of cow dung in the air. Smells like home!
Set-up doesn't take long and after I've wiped the sleep out of my eyes and slurped on my coffee we're ready for action.

It's a drumming frenzy to begin with.....and with the Aga to keep me company I must have lost some well earned pounds after 4 or 5 (?) takes of the first track! It's one we've played live so the drum part is down pretty quickly.

Next is a Stomperthon and after some blood (well a bruised thigh!), sweat and some tears (on my part!) we're two down. The 3rd follows and after some discussions on tempo, feel and the 'A and B' game we're pretty happy with the take on 4.....I HOPE!!

It's been a pretty intense and tiring day......but a giggle all the same!

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through him who strengthens me.


Johnny
x

No comments: